What is a brand? What is image and what has it to do with promotion?
A brand is a commitment of a company through which customers define their trust through the product, service or company setting their expectations accordingly. Brand image demonstrates the qualities of a brand, company, product or service combining both rational and emotional drivers.
Promotion is the vehicle to inform the public, aiming to build and increase reputation and trust so that in the end the targeted customer buys from you or becomes loyal to your business and brand.
Product vs. brand
How do you want to be seen by the your customer? What are your key measures of success? Do you want to brand your company, product or service?
Small and medium sized companies tend to prefer corporate branding structures whereas big players typically prefer product branding (or a combination of product and corporate branding).
A corporate branding strategy has strong advantages especially in technology focused businesses. It makes customers “stick” to or adopt the (new) products much faster and easier than relying on the product alone. The automotive and mobile handset industries are good examples of this.
Read more: Product Level Branding
Brand asset value/ brand equity
Brand asset value (or Brand Equity) is an intangible asset representing the economic and social value of a “Brand”.
In science, technology and innovation related industries, building brand asset value is essential when it comes to differentiating from competition. You have probably experienced examples of these key attributes that can create brand value as a customer:
- Quality – a positive first purchase defines your expectation for the next purchase
- Price – you may be willing to pay more because of a brand you have had a positive experience with
- Reliability – consistency of experience
- Image – you buy without knowing all the details.
Building a brand
Brand building is the creation of solid relationships with your customers based on commitment and consistent values. The speed of building affinity towards a brand is more rapid in the social media age.
Building a brand;
How to build a strong brand?
Building a brand is a process that involves nearly all aspects of your business and a lot has been written about it. But apart from the mainstream there are some new trends that can make a huge difference (more about in: The Brand Innovation Manifesto, by John Grant)
Here are a few basic considerations:
- What does your company, product or service represent?Who are you? What are your values? Is your story a solid and progressive one and can it excite the public?
- Having a good and useful,product or service will be your marketing. Are your products or services really good? What is needed to improve them?
- Whatever is in the public, stays in public.The public will be your witness and assistant in building your brand. Are you ready to adopt content that originates from the public and that supports your brand?
- Stay open to allow for reasonable flexibility, sufficient agilityandcontinuous evolution
Brand promotion – Strategy principles
The promotion strategy of a brand is part of a marketing plan to promote your company, product or service. The following approaches are commonly applied and might even be very well known to you; here is a selection:
- Conventional advertising (standard techniques, internet options such as SEO (search engine optimization), affiliate promotion and printed promotion
- Word of mouth (“viral” promotion)
- Public relations (read more in the section PR)
- Social-media, digital (twitter, facebook)
In case of any query or meeting appointment with Dubai Best Brand Marketing & Promotion Company, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org